Monday, May 31, 2010

Goodbye Rubber Gloves


Our house didn’t have a dishwasher when we moved in. For almost 7 months, I’d stand in front of the sink at least once a day, donning my sassy red polka dotted rubber gloves and scrubbing the heck out of our dishes.

Sometimes I wonder how my grandparents survived their entire lives washing everything by hand. The sheer time commitment is more than I can handle. Perhaps a dishwasher falls in the category of you don’t miss what you never had? Except, I’ve had one and knew exactly what I was missing.

Enter Mr. Bosch.

Our dishwasher was installed a couple of days ago and last night it was full and ready for its first cycle. Fiance cautioned me several times to read the directions first (and after what I’ve done to the laundry machine, who could blame him), so I carefully went through all 3 elementary-level steps.

Win! The dishes came out perfectly clean!

For those of you who may not have a dishwasher, I recommend dish gloves. They do wonders for your hands, especially in the winter. Plus you can wash in really hot water without burning the crap out of your skin.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! After a year in an apartment with no dishwasher I SWORE I would never go without again! It's a luxury I just can't live without...scrubbing dishes all night is NOT cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear you now have a dishwasher - and that your dishes came out clean! You rock! I hope you don't throw out those sassy dish gloves, though! I'm sure they'll still come in handy. Can't wait for pictures of your new and improved home!

    ReplyDelete