Friday, June 11, 2010

Spinach & Feta Rolls

I recently made pepperoni rolls for a party. The recipe I used couldn't have been any easier (I did sub cheese cubes for shredded mozz).

When it was all said and done, I had an extra can of the crescent rolls left over. We were pepperoni rolled-out, so I started to brainstorm. That's when I came up with spinach & feta rolls. Sorta like spanakopita meets pepperoni roll.

I lined each crescent wedge with fresh spinach leaves and feta cheese, rolled them up, brushed a little EVOO on top, and baked away. Quick and easy... and tasty.

I think my new go-to party appetizer will be half pepperoni rolls (a staple for sure) and half spinach & feta rolls (I think the vegetarians out there might appreciate it). If you're interested in giving 'em a whirl, follow this recipe, subbing pepperoni for fresh spinach and cheese cubes for feta cheese.

2 comments:

  1. Great recipes! My youngest son is in Culinary school and will love making these. I liked your bio and am in the process of finding my 'own way' and trying to get through my long over do, to do list, now that my sons are grown.
    Glad I found your blog to follow! Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs,
    Coreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog -- love your colors and layout!

    ReplyDelete