Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cookie of the Month Club


Have you ever heard of a Cookie of the Month club? The gist is you purchase a membership online and cookies are sent to the lucky recipient every month.

I think it's a great gift idea. The problem is, they're a bit over priced in my opinion. So I decided to start my own cookie club.

The beneficiaries:
  • Baby Sister, who just started her senior year of college this year. It's almost impossible to believe.
  • Brother-in-law-to-be, who is just beginning his freshman year of college (and is one of the biggest cookie monsters I know).
  • Fiance, who -- like is brother -- loves cookies. I made him a few extras.
  • Friends. We went to a friend's house on Saturday night and another friend's on Sunday, so I brought along a couple dozen cookies to share.
The goods:
The baking part was fun for me. I'll use any excuse to get out the oh-so-beautiful-and-wonderfully-functional KitchenAid stand mixer. Plus I got to legitimately wear one of the fabulous new aprons I got at my shower earlier this month. Last night I wore one just for kicks while Fiance was cooking dinner.

Ten dozen cookies later, Cookie of the Month club also became a fabulous excuse to use my new Martha Stewart cookie/cupcake carrier.

Lastly, mailing was a piece of cake. I used the USPS flat rate shipping box. Two dozen cookies fit -- barely -- into the small box. So two shipments and less than $10 later, they were off to our little siblings.

Here's to hoping the college kids get more than a box-o-crumbs. Love you both!

4 comments:

  1. What a fun and sweet idea! I love chocolate chip cookies and getting mail so what a wonderful combination:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of this but i like it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good sister you are. I'd like to be added to the beneficiaries list, also. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got my cookies and they are delicious!! Next time I want M&M's or Reeses Pieces!!

    ReplyDelete