Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Pesto Recipe?

Does anybody make their own pesto sauce?

Last night I made chicken and pesto pasta, and it was too easy. I grilled chicken on our foreman while the pasta was cooking. Then I mixed bite sized pieces of chicken into the pasta and added fresh homegrown onion, garlic and a jar of pesto sauce.

Seasoned with a touch of salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese, it was definitely tasty. But I think I'm ready to make my own pesto, especially since I use it on Naan pizza all the time.

Anybody have a great recipe suggestion? Please share!

4 comments:

  1. Okay, this is something my little sis came up with, and it's divine. Warning - there are no exact measurements, it's one of those taste, adjust, taste recipes.

    Mint Pesto: Stick a big bunch of mint leaves in the food processor and whir them with a glug of olive oil, a clove or two of garlic, some honey, little salt and pepper, parmesan cheese and some pistachio nuts or almonds. We use this instead of mint jelly on roast lamb. So. Good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my pesto recipe-

    -Fresh basil (the farmer's market now has different flavors which are sort of fun)
    -pine nuts (toast them before)
    -Parmesan cheese
    -garlic
    -splash of lemon
    -Olive oil
    -salt and pepper

    Blend everything together and while it is blending slowly pour in the EVOO until you get the texture you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ask your mother! She made the best pesto at your house when we were all there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mother has a GREAT recipe...you should have asked.

    ReplyDelete